CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 26, 2007

My first tiered cake

Last night, I tried my first tiered cake. It was also my first time to use marshmallow fondant (mmf), which I was able to make myself, and it tastes better than the regular rolled fondant. This is an 8 inch and 6 inch stacked (all white cake) with buttercream icing, then covered with marshmallow fondant. All accents (dots and stripes) are also mmf. This is a fun cake that would work for any occasion! It can be done in any color or pattern, or in any size! 2-tiered dots and stripes - $ 35 (serves 15-20, price includes fondant design, buttercream starts at $28)
Each tier is actually a 1-layer cake that has been cut in half and filled with icing. A 2-layer would be taller, would serve 25-30, and would be priced at $47 (includes fondant, buttercream starts at $40)

0 comments: