CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Barrel of Leaves

Barrel of Leaves - Approx. $50, depending on size and servings needed
I decorated this cake for a neighborhood get-together. I looked for ideas for fall cakes and loved the look of the leaves. Although you can't see the cake, it is a 4-layer devil's food with chocolate buttercream icing. The whole cake is covered with a fondant barrel and lots of fondant leaves. This project was very time consuming, but lots of fun!





3 comments:

Christy said...

I am oh so impressed!! Who knew our little Amy was a cake decorater at heart. Now we just need to fiqure out how you could make a cake and ship it to Nashville still arriving in one piece...if you were here I would SO use YOU for every cake I ever needed. The fall cake and guitar are my favorite (my brother in law had a similar one for his grooms cake) but they all look GREAT

Brian, Jamie, Molly & Sarah said...

Oh Amy, I LOVE them, you are so creative and talented!! You need to get me some business cards and let me hand them out w/ my orders! That should help get your name out there!!! The girls birthday isn't until March, but I am going to start looking for pictures now of a cake I want you to do. Great job, I am so impressed!

Jamie

ashleigh said...

WOW-ZAH!!!! That fall cake is so beautiful, I cannot even get over it. Having grown up in a cake-decorating house (my mom, not me!), I know all the work and stress that goes into creating something like that. I am so impressed, Amy! I will be passing your name along for sure.