CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 1, 2007

"Candle" Cake

Fall "Candle" Cake-Approx. $35 (price and servings depend on size and design)


A picture with the candle lit
Close up of acorn border

First, I have to give credit to my friend Jan who told me about this idea. She had seen a picture of a cake that looked like a candle, so I searched and found a few pictures of some that had been done. I thought I might make one for our family Thanksgiving dinner, but I had to have a "practice round" first. This is a 3-layer 6 inch french vanilla covered in fondant with fondant leaves and acorns.

2 comments:

Brian, Jamie, Molly & Sarah said...

I love it! How cute would that be for christmas w/ Holly and holly berries! Too cute, what a wonderful idea. I knew the cake was adorable.

Jamie

Christy said...

I am serious...I wish we could figure out how can you make a cake there and get it here!!! All of your cakes are so cute.